Most big businesses have a Mission Statement.
Sometimes it’s a framed phrase that appears on the wall that very few people look at, or even think about in their business dealings. Other times this statement is the fabric of the company and encourages each person on the team to exude their greatest strengths.
Take for instance Facebook, whose mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. From FB Live, like the one above, to communicating with friends and family no matter how far away, Facebook can facilitate these connections.
Over the years I’ve worked with hundreds of startups to create their one page business plan. And an essential element in this plan is, of course, the mission.
So, for your small business, is it clear like Georgian Benţa‘s Podcast, which is inspiring 100,000 people to focus on gratitude – or is it still a vague idea?
If you are ready to enhance your business game in 2017, I encourage you to start with your Mission.
Need some help with your Mission and Marketing Plan – Contact Me Here.
Georgian Benta says
Thank you so much for mentioning me and my podcast. I really appreciate it!
Like I said on Facebook also, I think it’s an important part of a business and it’s great that you created this reminder for people and that you’re helping them out with this.
To add to your point, in my experience a clear mission is something really useful for:
– measuring progress (I’m at 30,000 downloads by now, 30%)
– remembering WHY you started
– telling the world your WHY and they might resonate and support you (like you’re doing right now, thank you for that)
– getting new ideas on how you can serve (recently I began creating short episodes called Gratitude Reminders for those that don’t have the time to listen to the interviews and for those that just need an easy way to find reasons to be grateful)
– having something to look forward to, a bigger perspective, not just the day to day tasks
So definitely, get in touch with Jason and let him guide you to find your mission and marketing plan. 🙂
Thanks again, Jason! 🙂
Jason Stein says
Love it and love that you are 30% closer to your current mission being completed.
Daniela Mannucci says
I really enjoyed the video and it makes perfect sense about having a mission statement.
My mission statement is:
‘Helping people become empowered from the tangles of a painful childhood’.
Jason Stein says
Great mission since it can be easy to carry around the past.